I've lost a lot of plants during dormancy. This year, I have a lot of Sarrecenia, Dionaea, and drosera growing in a minibog that will need one, and I am a tad scarred.
I have formulated a plan:
1. When plants show signs of dormancy, move them to the screen poorch.
2. Repot the Dionaea and move them to a cool basement windowsill.
3. Wrap the pot in a blanket.
4. Cover the bog bowl with hay.
5. Wait untill it warms up, then put them back in the yard.
Here are some questions I have:
1. Should I wait for the plants to show signs of dormancy or force them into dormancy this month?
2. How warm is "warm?" At what temperture can I bring the bog out of the dormancy setup and back into the growth season?
Thank you very much!