What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ceph update!

glider14

Always a newbie
still growing strong. but growing much slower. i got this february last year and my has it grown!! its the typical clone.

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

Alex

oh and forgot to mention. when i got it it was nickle sized :)

thanks for the comment!
Alex

EDIT: and another thing too! the pitcher to the left of the pitcher im holding up was the first ever mature pitcher it made. back in may. so they do last a LONG time.

Sweet!
What soil mixture do you use?

its like a 1:1:2 peat perlite and sand mixture. very open...though it dosent seem like it on the top.

Alex

Is the leaf on the right a new crown or a leaf cutting?
Tom

That looks like an intentional leaf cutting. Do 'em while you have 'em! That saved the species from going out of my collection!

Oh! my god! they are huge!:-D
Fantastic ceph! May I call you "master of Cephalotus" haha~

no no no! im FAR from one. there are many other ceph growers better than me... ive just been lucky with them is all :)

Alex

VERY nice Glider.

Do you have any "before" photos? Photos of when you first received your Ceph?

Same here! Lucky with Cephs. Mine was one of my first CPs, it's in a cool windowsill, low humidity, has frequent wet/dry periods and is doing great. When I got it, it had less than 1 inch pitchers, now, the average is 1.35-1.5 inch pitchers, with one about 2 inches! Yikes! (hood included)

That's an awesome plant. Expensive I bet.

That's an awesome plant. Expensive I bet.

yup. all $4.60 :D

heres a pic of when i first got it...sorta... the main focus is its first pitcher ade for me... but you may be able to judge its size from the size of my fingernail.
IMG_0958.jpg

Alex

Back