What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price help? no more... THE PLANTS ARE LISTED!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone. Tis the sarracenia season already! That being said... I have quite a few sarrs to sell! These are adult divisions. Likely flowering, or will flower next year (rare case they may be younger than that.. But really, how can we tell the age of plants? Especially when they're still dormant and just starting to send up flower stalks? I'll do my absolute best to send only things of these sizes. You will NOT get a little first year TC plant.) Some will be multiple growth points (if there are not enough roots to support a division on its own, it will not be divided).

So, with that being said, I'm looking for HONEST and FAIR pricing for all of us. I know you'd all love to say $4 or less for these plants... But really we all know that wouldn't be fair to me at all. The more I sell, the more that will show up! I can only keep so many sitting around, so as they sell, more plants will be added! If they don't sell.. There won't be more selection added :( And we all want more selection RIGHT?! :-O

I have not ran around and checked pricing... But I'm sure you guys have! So help me out. Please PM me and tell me what you think. Even if you agree exactly with what I've written up (off the top of my head mind you). Any PMs that seem way off the mark (too high or too low) will be discarded. "Reasonable" pricing suggestions will be averaged and rounded (likely to a $ X.49 or $x.99 so if you could give your prices with that format and not $.72 it would be helpful. :) )

Here is a list of what could be listed to the store (there are more too!). It would also help with stocking if you would like to just PM me and tell me what you will likely be ordering. (this is not a "hold for me" or preorder... Simply to help me see demand so I know what to pick up on my first order.)

Thanks to everyone who helps out!
(these are bare root by the way plus shipping and are currently dormant... just starting to send up flowers/growth)

PLANTS/PRICING REMOVED.... NEW PLANTS ARE LISTED!! THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED OUT :)

I'm checking on the legality of selling S. oreophila, jonesii, and alabamensis HYBRIDS. I read from the CITES site "import, export and re-export of any live animal or plant of a species listed in the CITES Appendices (or of any part or derivative of such animal or plant) requires a permit or certificate." so it sounds to me that hybrids would be a derivative of these plants and not allowed to be sold... If you KNOW that's correct or otherwise please also PM me. Links on the subject would be very helpful too.

-Andrew

Last edited:
Andy, hats off to you. Asking for input on pricing,... this is almost like a co-op.

its your choice, Andy make it what yo want

One million... yen.

xvart.

One million... yen.

xvart.

Dude, didn't you read this part?

I know you'd all love to say $4 or less for these plants... But really we all know that wouldn't be fair to me at all.

/jab at the Yen.

timetable

hi andrew
when were you planning to start selling the new plants
id be particularly interested in getting Rubra Gulfensis, leuco tarnok, and leuco titan
before they are totally out of dormancy and in time for flowering this year.
thanks
darren

Hi, they should be listed within the next 2 weeks. As soon as 1 week I would say.
Thanks for your interest and everyones help :) I think the prices have been settled.
Andrew

I just can't wait to place an order. :rookwoot:

If you want to actually get a plant you better beat me too it, With the $1 per plant deal that Andrew gives the mods, Other members will be lucky to get any. I'm going to try and order all he has.

:poke:

Last edited:
A buck a plant, eh? Does that include shipping for Cindy?

ROFL!!!

He don't charge us shipping

:banana2:

not fair!! how much for regular people?

Regular members have to pay double to make up for the mod's discount.

LOL, the truth is we pay the same as everybody else, no matter how much we beg.

If you guys haven't noticed... The new Sarracenia selection is now up at www.flytrapshop.com ! These are ALL limited selection! First come, first serve, some plants are as few as 3... I see a few people spotted them right away and placed their orders... One person PMed me last night at 2am my time saying he was watching the plants go up! haha... Remember, if there is a good response to these plants... more selection will be added!

Please note: If you place an order with Sarracenia or D. filiformis plants in it... your order will not be shipped until March 7th at the earliest. After that, orders should go out withing 5 business days. but of course, much effort will go into getting them out right away! Thanks to all for your support :)
Andrew

I placed my order last night. These are some awesome plants at a great price. If you want to place an order you better hurry up before I can't control myself and order more.

i ordered my plants yesterday. i cant wait for them to arrive. especially the 'titan'.
as oxxy said the prices are very reasonable.
thanks andrew

Just wanted to let you all that have ordered so far... If your order will take 3 days to ship, it will go out today, if your order takes 2 days to ship they will go out tomorrow. Everyone that has placed an order so far should have your orders Sat. If you would still like to place an order and you have a 2 day ship period from 85705 (according to usps) it will go out tomorrow if your order is placed today. :) also, I do ship Sat.

Also, here are some examples of what to expect. As you see the sizes vary, but all are a good size!

S. alata black throat x S. flava rubricorpora
salatablackthroatflavarubricorporasale.jpg

S. leucophylla 'Titan'
sleucotitansale.jpg

S. minor 'Okee Giant'
sminorokeegiantsale.jpg

Have a great day!
Andrew

Bump- Still quite a few of these left. They won't be at these prices for much longer... Since they're starting to grow pitchers!
Andrew

Id like some sarracenia if you could let me know whats available please ???

Oh I forget Im new here so HI everyone :-O

Daveysworld, just click on the link at the bottom of adnedarn's signiture and it'll take you to his shop.

Back