Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Baby Ceph trouble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i dont recommend the bottle on top, humidity is over rated. it holds in too much moisture and can cause molds and other things to form on the plant, espsecially if the plant is shocked it leaves it vullnerable i would think. my cephs are grown in a terrarium but have circulation....yours do look majorly shocked from shipping or from repotting if that was done.
    cephs are like darlingtonia in the fact that they hate having their roots disturbed. i would start them off in light shading and gradually move them up if you want them in the window, but you do not need the plastic bottle top....as glider said, it pulled the GH Effect.
    as for the sphagnum, i grow my hummer's giant with a sphagnum topping on the mix. but you constantly have to mist the sphagnum to keep it from drying and dying. but when you do water, do it every 3-4 days for actual watering and avoid the crown of the plant as much as possible. i dont recommend the tray method with Cephs, im sure nepenthes might have told you that, because Cephalotus are very susceptible to root rot and hate having waterlogged media. im new to growing cephs but this is just stuff ive thrown together reading a bunch of different things.
    hope it helps
    --Kris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    siccmade,
    I would go the extreme of removing all the yellow/white pitchers because they don't do anything for the plant except for being breeding ground for mould. I would also replace the sphagnum with fresh ones.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have any fresh sphagnum, Ill have to grow some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So remove the yellow white pitchers and just leave the bare stem? (keeping the ones with green tint there of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still think the main plant is a gonner. the growth points are dead. your only hope for a new plant is it coming back from the roots. just keep waterng it and see how it does.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to raise false hope, but I recieved some TC Cephs a while back and I would have bet the house that the one pictured was DEAD! I just kept watering it along with the other ones and about 2 weeks after I was certain of it's mortality, I saw a tiny speck of green. That was about 3 weeks ago. Like a Phoenix from the ashes....

The rest of my Cephs, mature, leaf cuttings and TC's can be seen here.
    So don't give up on it yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12