What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics of my ceph

my ceph tank A 5 gallon hex tank with compact flo. bulb equivalant to 100 watts.
jrl1265

a 2 inch pitcher.
jrl1265

jrl1265

ceph9.jpg

my Drosera hamiltonii
jrl1265
[/IMG]

Nice pictures. How long have you been growing your cephs?

I don't think I've ever seen blue ones like that.
NICE!!!!!

thanks, I got it as a dime size plant 4 years ago

That's interesting. Looks mauve.

well done! Nice ceph tank. very very great for a nice neat center piece of any living room. :D

i like the way you planted yours into a natural setting...looks beautiful!!!

Wow now I know how I want my ceph setup...****** SETUP

Very cool and compact setup. How do you manage the water table?

I have 2 inches of lava rock I use as my water table, Then 6 inches peat/perlite mix. I transplanted into this terrarium last year and after 3 months of nothing the plant just took off. there is at least 6 growth points and my largest pitcher was 2 inches long! not bad for a typical. :boogie: The tank picture was taken last year after transplant so the pitchers were smaller then they are now.

Well then, by all means, give us an updated picture.
:pics:

Yeah yeah yeah. What :bigthumpup: he said! Your giving me ideas. I have a ceph in the GH that is not doing a whole lot and I need to do somethign with it.

What do you use for lights??

I use a 20 watt compact flourescent light bulb

I just bought that eclipse tank and a 26 watt blue daylight CFL, (equiv to 100watts normal)

I just wanted to know why you kept that flter pump tube inside there and did you end up removing the metal plate behind the light fixture?

wow the ceph is blue thats pretty cool.

Why do people always say what a CFL is equivalent to? That never matters.

I like that a lot. It looks blueish/gray kinda. Did you buy just any ceph or was it special like that black one over where ever in Europe? I really want that black ceph too by the way.

Jlap, Its kind of like the metric system. 25 cm doesn't mean as much to me as 10 in. 20 watt cfl doesn't mean as much as 100 watt equivalent. I know how bright a 100 watt bulb is. :) As for the type of ceph. its just a large typical and the blue tinge comes from the light source.

Jack did you remove the metal reflector behind the CFL?

siccmade, I left the reflector on, its a tight fit putting in the bulb, but I thought it would prevent the plastic from melting. I thought I would use the filter tube to pour in the reservoirs water but then decided to take it out and just water from the top.

Back