Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About Water (RO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a feeling that is not going to be good enough ....any sugestions for a good, inexpensive and nonpermanent one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.purewaterclub.com

100gpd for under $90

~b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my understanding, hard water actually contains more TDS than say, soft water.

More salt and more calcium.

So wouldn't a "softer" water be preferable for our CP's?? Whether distilled or RO were the process?

I too, have been contemplating purchasing an under-the-sink RO system. Either a 5-stage or 6-stage system. I'm tired of hauling water from the grocery store. Currently my tap water is 300TDS according to my meter.

Andrew, how difficult is it to install a full RO system? I have NO plumbing skills, nor do I know anyone with competent plumbing skills. It's in an apartment so I can't mess-up the installation and I'm not informing the bone-head landlord either. Likewise, how difficult would they be to un-install when moving elsewhere?? Is installing or un-installing destructive to your fixtures or drain system?

Thanx!
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fry,

if you buy the ro unit, it will come with all the accessories needed to install it(except screw driver). the inlet and drain hose is connected via a saddle valve, the inlet just clamps onto the water pipe(cold water, dont use hot!). It is seriously a 5 minute install IF you have a water source and drain near by.

They can also be uninstalled easily by either removing the 1/4" hose and shutting off the saddle valve and leave it there, it wont leak and a replacement is like $3, if that, or replace the source pipe you pierced with the saddle valve. for the drain, remove the saddle clamp and seal the hole with water proof tape.

~b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Billy,

Sounds like you know your stuff, plumbing-wise.

I forgot to ask about the faucet. I wonder if the RO faucet would fit into the mount where that little useless plastic sprayer is....... (I never use that darn thing...)
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they're easy. I dunno about 5 mins though If you don't want to do anything to your plumming... you can pick up an adapter and hook the water up through an outdoor faucet.. then just have the brine (junk) water go to a tree or something.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I do :P I use a 5 gallon bucket. Ghetto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12