What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower Variation

Maxx

Someday is not a day of the week.
I have an unidentified sarracenia that I recieved bare-root. I decided to divide it in two while it was still bare-root. Now both divisions are flowering. One divison already flowered making all green flowers. The other division, even though it hasn't opened yet, has a completely red bud. In other words, its not gonna be all green! And both plants have extremely varying flower height between each other. So my question is, can the exact same plant have different flowers?

-Max

Are you talking about the sepals or the petals? If the sepals haven't opened yet how can you tell the color of the petals?

Well I mean one is entirely green so if I see some red on the other one it's probably not gonna be all green. Can sunlight differences change the outcome of a flower?

yeah. it can. put a potato in a drawer and one in the light and see what happens.

Ok. I guess that's the answer then. I just didn't think it could make such a big difference.

The flowers will be the same colour. Sunlight may redden the sepals slightly, but that's about it.

Yellow flowers often start off red, as do all-green pitchers.

Back