What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my H. pulchella has grown up :)

finally :)

adult_pulchella.jpg

:boogie:
Av

Wow great plant, how long have you had it for?

Jayson,...

Thanks, Im not sure but it is probably getting close to a year... Im sure I have a pic of it when it first arrived, Ill dig around and try to find it this evening.

It has grown quite a bit, but is just now putting out adult pitchers consistantly

Butch

Nice! I like its color!

Thanks Cape :)

Jason, here is an early pic, this would be immediately after arrival. It may be hard to judge the growth, look at the sphagnum for comparison I guess. I believe it arrived in a 2" pot.

h_pulchella.jpg

Feb. 2008

pulchella.jpg

Av

Dang that sure did grow up, great job Av.

WOW! nice nice!! :D

What kind of lighting are you running to get that colorization Av??

SaaaWeeet!!!!!

Very nice. In the first picture, is the one "golden" pitcher in the middle dead or dying? Just wondering since I can't really tell since it is mostly covered. Thanks for sharing. I'm not a fan of immature Heliamphora pitcher, but mature ones... Dang Dude! Great stuff.

xvart.

thanks for the kind words..

Xvart, that pitcher is dead... lets just say I pushed the feeding envelope a little too far LOL

limit found :)
Av

dang I wish that site you gave on lighting was in easier to navigate, I sure would like to try some of that lighting I heard it is somewhat difficult to get heliamphora to color up in cultivation as they need intense light.

Xvart, that pitcher is dead... lets just say I pushed the feeding envelope a little too far LOL

lol. :nono: It, however, does provide a nice contrast to that "nasty" red all over the other pitchers... lol.

xvart.

Back