What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

declining purp

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
I have had 3 purps in a tub bog for the past 3 years (maybe 4). The antho cyanin free is declining significantly, the rosea seems to be declining slightly, and the ssp. venosa seems to be thriving!

Thoughts? I was thinking of repotting the 2 declining purps - I might just re fill the entire bog, though the D filiformis is doing great.

new growth is apparent, but notice the spots in the upper right pitcher
IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

again new growth is showing, but the whole plant is much smaller than in previos years - a little smaller each year....
IMG_0389.jpg

Doing GREAT!
IMG_0390.jpg

Thanks for your input,
Steve

Have you noticed any pests?

Odd. I don't see how there's anything to lose by giving them some fresh peat. It's worth a try I suppose.

do they eat well? maybe its lack of nutrition on their part. thats why they are insectivores after. Ma Nature wouldnt help these plants evolve for no reason.... maybe its crowded underneath? tangeled roots?

I'd replace the peat unless there's a drain plug on the pot. In that case I'd pull the plug and flush out the pot.

S. rosea often likes drier conditions than other S. purpurea, you might try raising them up on mounds.

Back