What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Helis

Ive received the shipment confirmation, possibly arriving late this week :)

Heliamphora nutans (Tramen) x ionasii
Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii
Heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans
Heliamphora nutans (Kukenam Tepui) [flowering size]
Heliamphora tatei var. neblinae x hispida (Cerro Neblina (Venezuela)

All "German" clones

I'll post pics (this thread) of the new babies as soon as they arrive..

Woohoo
Av

Wow, your goin to be full soon. Cant wait to see pics!

I see you love helis a lot. XD

Butch, I like your thumbnail site! That's cool.
Tom

HELI HELI HELI lol
i wanna see the pics when you get them!!! **is jealous**
sooo the next plant im going to try after i get my new neps

You're good with these plants. One of these days when I've got spare time I'll have to order a couple H. sarracenioides for you to take care of. If you can keep them alive for four years, you can keep one.

No, I'm not kidding :) I think I'll really do that if you've got the space. That sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for those pictures. And we're allowed to say Wistuba, BTW.

You're good with these plants. One of these days when I've got spare time I'll have to order a couple H. sarracenioides for you to take care of. If you can keep them alive for four years, you can keep one.

No, I'm not kidding :) I think I'll really do that if you've got the space. That sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, I'll be waiting for those pictures. And we're allowed to say Wistuba, BTW.

Wistuba Wistuba Wistuba LOL... Thanks Clint, actually I think they are much easier then most give them credit for.
I would love to grow a couple H. sarracenioides, and room isn't really an issue... Ive got plenty of lights, if anything I just need additional shelving

Butch

Ha ha! The heliamphora expert Butch is up for the job! :) lol! Keep us posted B! :)

Wistuba is in the house... just arrived

Heliamphora nutans (Tramen) x ionasii

nut_ion.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii

hetion.jpg

hetion2.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans

hetnut.jpg

hetnut2.jpg

Heliamphora nutans (Kukenam Tepui) [flowering size]

nutans.jpg

Heliamphora tatei var. neblinae x hispida (Cerro Neblina (Venezuela)

tatnebhis.jpg

:)

Awesome plants! lucky you. I just loooove Helis. Good luck with them, although i'm sure with your experience you won't need :-D.

Thanks for posting the pics. You can never have enough helis.

I'm sure they will be red in no time. :)

Can't wait to see them potted up, and then again after they've settled in!

xvart.

I never ever worried about acclimating plants before, I never had any problems. But my last Wistuba shipment taught me a valuable lesson. I had 60% RH and thought... ahhh no worries.... didn't think twice about it. Well, I awoke the next morning to find a raisin that use to be my new baby nutan.. with the rest showing damage as well. The nutan didn't make it but the rest recovered nicely after putting them in bags and slowly acclimating them.

So now.... lesson learned :nono:

together.jpg

Av

update:

After 3 weeks their acclimation is progressing nicely, some battle scars from the long journey but all is well. They're over the hump, each shows plenty of new growth with good color.

Thank you Andreas :)

nut_ion.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

hetion.jpg

hetion2.jpg

(upon opening found two seperatly wrapped plants)

DSCN1176.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

hetnut.jpg

hetnut2.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

nutans.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

tatnebhis.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

Those are huge! Did you make a special request from Wistuba or something?

The plants I got from him were about a tenth the size of some of yours.

Those are GREAT plants :) someday I'll get more helis but I already just got a minor.

Jeff,

Many times he will have several sizes available, you just have to check the webpage... where you see the pricing look for a drop down box for additional size availabiltiy

these had been on hold for me for months.. maybe that had some influence, that I dont know, but I can tell you that the nutan was ordered as "flowering size", I dont remember about any of the others, but I usually try to get the largest that are available and that fit my budget

jm, thanks.... if you want helis there is really only one source

Av

Awesome Butch!!! Wow! I like these guys and look forward to getting more of them. If I can keep them alive LOL

Thanks for the update Av. Everything is looking good, great job.

Jayson,

per our previous PM's. if all goes well, this one is yours:
DSCN1179.jpg

prob looking at a fall delivery, give it time to get good and fat... and to be safe, wait for the summer heat to pass prior to shipping

Butch

Back