What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus pitchers - How long?

Welp, I'm so proud of Jimmy :D or should I say Jimmy and Timmy? I found out that there were two growth points. They seem to really like it in my terrarium becuase they're still a dark green and the 'fists' it came with (not including the one that seems to open anytime soon) stopped growing for a while and now it's showing outrageous growth. The little 'fists' have now taken shape of a pitchers. One of them started to make a new pitcher and it's been growing fast, too. I noticed the other started to make another 'fist', too. My questions is, how long does it take for a pitch to form on a Ceph, especially when it's smaller than a dime?

It depends on the size of the pitcher that "fist" eventually becomes. I took a look at the pic you posted on the other thread and I would say 2-3 weeks. :)

I would say 2-3 weeks. :)

Thanks Cindy. I can wait that long. Cephs don't really seem to be that slow to me. I was actually able to tell a difference in 24 hours. Thanks again :D.

if you ignore it. itll grow twice as fast! :) haha but really it seems slow when small. when you get more growth points it will get big. fast!!
Alex

Back