What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus, a few more of my plants.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Greetings to everyone!
I just put these shots of some of my plants on the ICPS forum and figured I would post here too. I'm bored, what the heck. These are shots of one of my tank setups, 20gal. They need more light and I am working on that, but seem to be happy. The red Hummers giant I already put on here, but these might be a closer view. The last is a few bucket plants outside.
Thanks for looking.
JMatt

dsc01818gk9.jpg

dsc01816da9.jpg

dsc01814gc0.jpg

dsc01807xo0.jpg

dsc01820tj3.jpg

dsc01821xd4.jpg

dsc01823fg7.jpg

dsc01822na3.jpg

dsc01824mq6.jpg

omg im speechless... that is awesome!!!!!!!!

Are those straws, and what are they for?

Yes those are straws.
Just an easy way for me to tell clones apart.
JMatt

Jeff,

your cephs are legendary... Ive often thought about a simulated Australian river bank, maybe put some coarse netting just under the surface of the media for incline support... but thats one of them "when i get around to it projects..."

My artificial tepui is on that same project list LOL

Mate, at current market value, you have enough cephs to pay off a small summer home on the beach LOL

outstanding :hail:
Butch

:hail: Absolutly "OUTSTANDING"!!!:hail:

Well JMatt I've got to hand it to you. You've got to be the single best Ceph grower I've personally ever seen. You've not only mastered their culture...but taken it several notches above and beyond! While many of us 'struggle' to grow this species, you've eeked out a niche for them that certainly seems to communicate loyalty on their part. I mean...GOOD GRIEF!!, LOL! What a treat!

Congratulations on being a master grower. Keep up the great work and keep those fantastic pictures coming.

Phil

Amazing plants! Did you purchase all of them or propogate them yourself?

wow! how long have you had those?

Thank you everyone!!!
I see many of you who have replied are excellent growers in your on wright!
You are all too kind! There are plenty of people out there who excel much farther with these plants than me. I am always learning!
Charles Brewer is my ceph mentor!!!
JMatt

There are plenty of people out there who excel much farther with these plants than me.

As soon as we see their plants you'll lose your title! lol. I do have a question, though, about your ten gallon bucket pot. What is it filled with? Is it all your potting mix, or is the bottom of it some sort of filler? Never having grown an adult Cephalotus, I have no idea how big their root structures get.

xvart.

xvart,

The buckets are 3 gal I think.
They are filled with peat, perlite and sand with drain holes a couple inches up the sides.
I am toying with different mixes with no sand. Just peat, very course perlite and orchid bark.
It's makes it quite a bit lighter, holds moisture but drains freely. Seems to work fine.
JMatt

3 gallons? lol. I actually meant 5 gallons. But, I guess it's been a few years since I was a painter... Can't remember bucket sizes, or the bucket is smaller. lol. Thanks for the information.

xvart.

A good friend of mine told me to check the ICPS forums to see this "amazing tank of Cephalotus" or so he called it through email and I guess I didn't have to go to the ICPS forums! They're right here!

Total wow. I wish I had that many Cephalotus! I love Cephalotus :).

Very nice, as always. Was there a reason you went with a 20 gallon long over a 20 gallon high? I would have thought you would have gone with the high since there's more root space.

Get some PC's or T5's over them. Then people's eyes would REALLY pop! Sell off some of those babies and get a nice Tek light.

Back