What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephs to acclimatise for sale in July

Cindy

Staff member
What do you do after a long and hard day at work? You pot up a batch of Cephalotus plants! :lol:

The plants arrive bareroot as usual. The ones shown here are the M to L size plants.
ceph_sgf.jpg

Not much growth because it is autumn and they are just recovering from the summer heat. But look at those new offshoots... :eek:
ceph_sgf1.jpg

ceph_sgf2.jpg

None the less, the pitchers are still quite a nice size.
ceph_sgf9.jpg

ceph_sgf10.jpg

These are S size TC plants, hardened in the nursery.
ceph_sgf3.jpg

The plants after being potted.
ceph_sgf7.jpg

ceph_sgf8.jpg

ceph_sgf5.jpg

And finally, who can guess how many plants there are in the pic below? ;)
ceph_sgf4.jpg

Awesome, Cindy. Thanks for having the imperial ruler in addition to the metric one, for those of use losers that still use it! lol. That would be fun to come home to.

You know, I think I just don't have the coordination and motor skills for potting. My potting jobs always are terrible. Yours look great, though, Cindy!

xvart.

Great job Cindy, looks like a bunch !

Oh, and my guess is 52 plants in the final picture.

xvart.

well im jealous :hail:
feel free to "accidentally" drop one in the mail to me :D

~b

xvart, how did you come to the number 52? Please see this thread, post number 4! :0o:

Wow, I love cephs and have just recently acquired one. It is doing well, but I can't wait to have a collection like yours!!!

I need one! oh well just got a great lil heli though :)

Well, you've done it again. I find your pictures to be some of the best around here Cindy. Thanks for sharing! How long did it take you to get the whole project done?

xvart, I knew it...you are not who you are on this forum. :-))

DaveyJones, it was a back-breaking period of 3 hours with a break in-between. The potting is the easiest part...picking off the dying or dead parts is the hardest.

I do realise that steel nerves are required for this project. Especially when I am a newbie at Cephs. :blush: It can be quite stressful having to clean the plants of the debris. I can't even be sure if I had been too rough with the species which has the reputation of rotting or dying easily. The plants are from Australia which is much cooler now than where I am now...it is autumn for them, and in Singapore, we are getting into the hottest and most dry months. Well, I'll just have to monitor closely since I already have reservations for some of them. :)

Well, with the temperatures in the high 80s the plants are not quite happy. :blush:

Massive yellowing/blackening of pitchers.
ceph_sgf12.jpg

Shrivelling of pitchers.
ceph_sgf13.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a natural part of acclimatization. (sp?) They will be happy soon enough.

Where in July would you be selling them because I am in love with these but I the only ones I have seen are over $15 which is past my budget
Can't ask parents for money =(

Remember there are no buy/sell deals inside this trading post*
just a reminder...

oh yea that always slips my mind
i was just reading the title thats why

She's in Singapore.

Pic taken on 1 June
newcephs_june.jpg

Pic taken on 1 July
newcephs_july.jpg

cool!!!

Hi Cindy - good to see you again! What might cause the super long attachment on the pitcher in the first picture, bottom right side? Is it because it was divided and it is a left over mature portion?

xvart.

Back