Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S. leuco has a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S. leuco has a problem.

Has the title suggest, my leuco has a slight problem...or major, not sure.
    I've been seeing that the new pitchers are...unslightly, here are pic to show what I mean (should I repot just in case or leave it alone to see what happens?):

It must survive so I can make hybrids with it and so it can be put into my mini bog in the future! It's my only multiple Sarr I have :/. I don't think it can be spider mites because it's always humid and moist (though here, there has been sort of a drought) here.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say spider mites due to the webbing in the first picture. I don' think repotting is the answer.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh I have had webs like that made on my cobra lily and my flytraps and between sarracenia pitchers, I think it could be spider mights but my plants look okay and I did see a whole web of hatched baby spiders about ten feet from my plants on our rain gutter under the awning. The spiders were pinhead sized and yellow.

Hope someone can diagnose your problem.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't Spider Mites suppose to be in hot, dry climate, though? And if it is spider mites, how might I stop it? Shouldn't repotting help?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like something chewed a hunk out of the pitcher on the last photo. Just drown the pot and plant in a bucket of water for a couple days. The soaking is not going to harm a Sarracenia. That should take care of anything except maybe slugs or snails which could be your muncher.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Looks like something chewed a hunk out of the pitcher on the last photo. Just drown the pot and plant in a bucket of water for a couple days. The soaking is not going to harm a Sarracenia. That should take care of anything except maybe slugs or snails which could be your muncher.
    The odd thing is is that everyone says it's mites, but the plant is always water logged. I think it can actually be the water container itself. Thhe container has water and...stuff. I should clean it and see what happens.
    Btw, those are bite marks, they're black marks, I think. I checked if it was just soil.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking about what looks like a long hole on the side of the pitcher, otherwise they look normal to me.:
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I'm talking about what looks like a long hole on the side of the pitcher:
    Sorry for late reply. I see what you mean. I checked and it wasn't a bite mark. Btw, how do black spot and a blacking tip normal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast