What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Question

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knows for sure why pitchers "pucker"? It isn't on every pitcher, just one here and there. I have asked a lot of my friends and no one that I have talked to is sure. Here is a pic of what I am talking about:

DSCN1670.jpg

It's annoying isn't it!

There have been a couple of photos of clones which do it on every single pitcher.

It's just a fact of organic life - plenty of humans have funny features too!

In general though, hybrids do seem to suffer more than the pure species.

One of my Sarrs are doing this too, it's a tad annoying but, I don't think particularly harmful.

...heya wes, man that's irritating, isn't it? mine do the same thing, one here and there. once in a while i'll get a hood that appears to have been twisted! if you find a "solution" (if there is one)please do share with us :)

Okay, I know that you have been waiting on my sage advice about puckering pitcher plants.
Here goes...........BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.lol

Okay, I know that you have been waiting on my sage advice about puckering pitcher plants.
Here goes...........BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.lol

Phail.:crazy:

I completely agree with Lois -- at times, sarrs will just do "stuff"...:) and what alexis says

"It's just a fact of organic life - plenty of humans have funny features too!" Hahah...

Rob
We all start out looking weird and turn into a thing of beauty.
Most Human babies are born with their heads sloping to one side, or looking like cones.
Lois

Back