Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...Ceph question

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...I can't find an ID on it. :-/ So I don't know how much peril my plant is in.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a lichen.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warren,

I thought about lichen as well, but does it being limited to the underside of the leaves eliminate that as a possiblity?

might email the fungus doctor LOL

defintely keep us posted PAK, very interesting

BTW, trichoderma has shown to be effective to some degree against every fungus tested so far, However, depending on the fungus some trich strains do work better then others .... thats why Ive always made up my "cocktail" just to cover my butt...

Ive not used any fungicides in over 5 yrs now I guess, and ya know.... its just not an issue any more

Av

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think about a lichen too but...why/how would I get that growing on a pot of cephs indoors?

I wish I had a working camera. I did have the "sheet" I pulled of the worst affected leaf. It looks like an exact replica of the leaf.

I used to have a very uncomplicated plant life. I never had any problems other than the squirrels. Now I have "white-out", aphids and mealy bugs. And an occasional scale.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I used to have a very uncomplicated plant life. I never had any problems other than the squirrels. Now I have "white-out", aphids and mealy bugs. And an occasional scale.
    LoL. This sounds like me (w/ a few differences on the particulars). I fight & conquer one nasty threat to my CPs - do a multi-month 'sigh', relax and then ..... bam. I get hit with something I've either never had or at least, not seen for years. Gotta stay vigilant ....

Based on the fairly regular periodicity & the devastation to my plants (& my psyche), I'm mulling the possibility of stopping incoming plant trades and just trading for seed or sterile flasks... I doubt that I'll actually get to this point but each time this occurs, it becomes more of a realistic option - especially as my collection has over 95% of the Sarrs I've ever wanted ....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Might be a lichen.
    I would lichen it to being a not so fun-gi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chipped all of it from an adult pitcher and then sprayed the pitcher front with neem oil and it hasn't been back. (knock wood)

Weird stuff. Like an infestation from an alien planet.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123