User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A visit to Phil Faulisi's - PHOTOS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, and especially to you Robert. We had a blast doing this. I think there may be more pics coming...I think. Robert took nearly 400 of them that day!

xvart- I'm glad you like that 'Royal Ruby' x flava ornata cross. It is on my list of top ten favorites. Oddly enough...I only had 1 seed germinate from a very weak pod many years ago and that is the plant pictured. I've remade the cross again this year and have 6 or 7 huge pods developing. So these will be hitting the market in a few years.

You folks should have seen Robert that day. He is truly and undeniably Sarraenia obsessed in every sense of the term. He didn't know where to start first so he just jumped in and had a field day. He didn't even go into the greenhouse and that's going to have to be another adventure. Lots of things to show.

Glad you are all enjoying my babies. Just as a side note...S. moorei 'Royal Ruby' aka. "Big Red" was not made by me. It is a natural population hybrid that I introduced into cultivation 15 some odd years ago.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. I wake up and see pics of one of my favorite hobbyist's plants , which you all KNOW how I foam at the mouth over his plant's pics, and the first are pics of S. 'Reptilian Rose', which just happens to be one of my favorite cultivars? Are you trying to give me a stroke? Fabulous!

Don't make fun of me for waking up a half hour until noon lmao. THANK you, Phil and Robert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Great looking plants Phil!
    Max

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful photos Rob. Its too bad you couldnt have dropped by my place while you were down there. In fact, the Sunday after you took all those pics, Phil came over and brought all of my bogs to his place to plantsit for me. You could have seen my collection as well.

I have to agree that Phil has one of the most beautiful collections I have ever seen. Truely remarkable.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcula View Post
    xvart- I'm glad you like that 'Royal Ruby' x flava ornata cross. It is on my list of top ten favorites. Oddly enough...I only had 1 seed germinate from a very weak pod many years ago and that is the plant pictured. I've remade the cross again this year and have 6 or 7 huge pods developing. So these will be hitting the market in a few years.
    Thanks for that information, Phil. That is remarkable that only one seed germinated and it turned out to be such a stunner. I'll eagerly wait to see what then bursting pods have in store. I'm going to go hybernate now. Wake when those seeds have reached potential.

Quote Originally Posted by philcula View Post
    You folks should have seen Robert that day. He is truly and undeniably Sarraenia obsessed in every sense of the term. He didn't know where to start first so he just jumped in and had a field day. He didn't even go into the greenhouse and that's going to have to be another adventure. Lots of things to show.
    lol. I can only imagine. Like a kid in a candy store. I'm sure all of us would be equally excited. Phil, if I ever get the opportunity to come by and see your babies I'll be bringing a cot and tent, lol!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob/Phil Awesome photos and plants respectively!!! I love those red, upright trumpets!

Phil, I always like to know other people's growing conditions. Soil mix, repotting frequency, are you growing them outside all year long?

Thanks again! -Chris (Woodnative)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart
    lol. I can only imagine. Like a kid in a candy store. I'm sure all of us would be equally excited. Phil, if I ever get the opportunity to come by and see your babies I'll be bringing a cot and tent, lol!
    Man -- I didn't know where to start at all, like Phil says! I am Sarracenia addicted!! Just being around his plants was a sheer delight. Being around CP, especially Sarrs, is a drug to me. I will go thru withdrawals if I can not get my "fix". Now, Phil's plants are so friqin spectacular, it's almost illegal!!!! LOL I spent a few hours there, and that was just on the Sarrs alone, I had a small glimpse at the greenhouse -- I'm saving that adventure for another day - that is if Phil will let me back! Heh, he had to get a restraining order, as I could not keep away from photographing his plants. OH man, that was a Sarracenia UTOPIA right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Great. I wake up and see pics of one of my favorite hobbyist's plants , which you all KNOW how I foam at the mouth over his plant's pics, and the first are pics of S. 'Reptilian Rose', which just happens to be one of my favorite cultivars? Are you trying to give me a stroke? Fabulous!

Don't make fun of me for waking up a half hour until noon lmao. THANK you, Phil and Robert.
    Clint -- LOL, if you could only see it in person! I had a coronary in the presence of reptilian rose! Dude, even just looking at his plants can have that kind of effect. It's just beyond words!

Steve - Man, I know, I just heard I missed you by just 1 day!! Hey, Did you leave for TX yet? Man, we'll miss having you around while you are over there!

Phil - I can not thank you enough for allowing to me come and visit - thank you for your time, your generosity, your patience with me (as I was just standing there gawking and drewlin' over your plants) -- and most of all, thank you for your tenacity for quality, and commitment to these spectacular plants. You impart to all of us a drive and motivation to become better growers, and for that I can not than you enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, stunning.. i love sarracenia!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast