User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHOTOS: A visit to Phil Faulisi's - part II!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I'm glad you like. Robert's photography really is quite good.

Travis- Thanks for the kudos. It IS fun to have pics posted so folks can see what I'm up to, what I've been working on. And I've been working on this alot. I will continue to let Robert post pics..when we can arrange it. As far as quality goes...I've just hit on a system for seeing my visions come to fruition, and I've got a good eye

woodnative- Thank you for the compliment. If you want to say that...that's ok. I have used 'JH' many times in some very beautiful crosses. What I like most about this particular hybrid, and this clone specifically, is that it grows about the same height as 'JH'...but retains the crisp white on the hoods throughout the entire growing season. The red does not bleed into it at all. In late summer the red gets redder and the white gets whiter. It's a good trait in this cross.

xvart- Not to worry. There will be pics of my greenhouse when Robert comes by again...hopefully soon. Personally, I don't feel my Neps are up to snuff with what other people are growing, but then again...you may think so. I'm my own worst critic..and I've got lots of other things besides Neps in there....like HUGE vft, LOL!

So you like those ornata? I crossed those 2 plants together multiple times this year. I hope to get...and should...bright yellow trumpets with deep, thick, clear red non-bleeding veins and a dark red cross in the throat. These should be stunners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL -Xvart, I had no time to go in the GH as i was smitten by phils sarrs!! i was out there the whole day! I need another day to just bask in the greenhouse glory!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcula View Post
    So you like those ornata? I crossed those 2 plants together multiple times this year. I hope to get...and should...bright yellow trumpets with deep, thick, clear red non-bleeding veins and a dark red cross in the throat. These should be stunners.
    Thanks for explaining your planned crosses. I'll patiently wait to for the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rco911 View Post
    LOL -Xvart, I had no time to go in the GH as i was smitten by phils sarrs!! i was out there the whole day! I need another day to just bask in the greenhouse glory!
    Quote Originally Posted by philcula View Post
    xvart- Not to worry. There will be pics of my greenhouse when Robert comes by again...hopefully soon.
    I'd have to tunnel into the greenhouse since the sampling of Sarracenia is too beautiful. I'd simply never make it to the greenhouse!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for explainiing about the alba Phil. I know there is an alba clone available from Mike King. But once again...its really hard to get as its propogated only through cuttings and also the facets involved in international export of plants + the permits required etc..etc. But, good to know that there is an alba clone available in US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY! I love the last pic of Sarracenia 'Big Mama'.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil grows the best Sarracenia I have ever seen. Bar none.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12