What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death Cube Rebound

I was outside today admiring my judith hindle and it made me think how far it's come. When I got it from lowes it only had the three smallest pitchers in the first picture. I never would have thought that in about six months it would go from looking like that to looking like it does in the second picture.

It's amazing how they turn out
when you give them the proper growing conditions! :-D

Wait until September. It'll be even more impressive.

I totally have a death cube rebound, the flytraps I am not sure what ones came from the cube. But I have like four pots stuffed with adelae all from 3 etiolated plants that came in a cube.

It's beautiful. My plant came out of the deathcube with no functioning pitchers whatso ever. There were two plants in there and they both are growin new growths. How long can a pitcher plant live without being fed?

How long can a pitcher plant live without being fed?
IMO, they will live and grow just fine without any supplemental feeding. Think of the insects pitchers catch as fertilizer... It benfits them, but the plant does not rely on it to survive.

Thankyoou very much for the reply. I've been getting ind of worried about it. The plant looks so sad but I'm very hopeful about the new growths. They are definately showing a red tinge!

Nice job with your plant! It's looking great.

That's great to hear!

You should search for some darlingtonia. Reviving cobras from death cubes can be more rewarding - but it's a bit riskier. :-D

Back