What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Pitcher Plants

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture175.jpg

Picture199.jpg
Bucky78

Picture200.jpg
Bucky78

Picture201.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture157.jpg

Looking great Jim. How many hours of sunlight do you think they get?

From sunup to sunrise. The porch is on the south side of the apartment.

Amazing Sarrs! They sure do love that sun of yours ;).

How do you get on keeping the cobra with the sarr's?

Nice plants Jim. Am a newbie here and found your web site sometime back where you posted your plants progress with pics, bringing them in and out for the summers and winters. Very cool. Used to live in Rochester, and know how tough the winters can be. Quite an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing these pictures as well.

Great plants Jim! I love the bucket o' sarrs!! Bravo!

very nice! love the bucket pots-very good idea.

Fyre:

Rochester? Kewl! Go Bills! I've had to do many things to get temperates through the winter. When I was living in a place that had an attic, they all went there, by a window, for a good 4 months. Last year I gave them to a co-worker, who has a garage with windows. I still have to deal with winter and may have to go back to the same co-worker.

Kath:

I know that none of these plants have identical growing conditions but they seem to have similar enough to be put together. That particular cobra lily has been the best specimen I have ever had. It also came from a hobbyist, as opposed to a "Lowes Cube Of Death". That may be coincidence and it may not. All I know is that it is doing well enough right where it is, even surviving a few days in the 90's, without showing signs of distress. Cool roots? Ice cubes? Flowing water? This does fine as is. Probably a healthy plant to begin with.

Very nice looking plants!

Thanks for sharing your photo's. Do the taller plants ever get any wind damage? It looks like they are pretty high up on your balcony.

They could but haven't so far. I can buy or make small trellises.

Back