Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My kitchen windowsill Cephalotus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    I grow one of my Cephalotus on my sunny kitchen windowsill. I received the plant pictured below in spring 2007, it had approximately 3 to 4 mature pitchers at the time. The plant doesn't take on much colour, despite being in a sunny location but it grows fast.

I grow in long tom pots. I allow the saucer to drain of water before replenishing with rainwater. I usually water from the top of the pot and allow it to drain through.
    Very nice Cephalotus. It looks like you have one of the nice clumping forms, likely to fill a pot to overflowing.

I too grow a couple on a south-facing windowsill (in the US) and they do surprisingly well. My friends who have difficulty growing Cephalotus at all tend to kill them with kindness and always manage to ask a million questions why mine survive and flower. My answer has always simply been, "Don't **** with them and they'll be fine . . ."

Here is a Cephalotus which had been posted a while back. It has lived above my kitchen sink for at least a couple of years . . .

“Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants mobile and BigBella. What size pots are those? Three or four inches?
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mobile! It's good to see you posting here. I usually see you around cpuk.

Nice looking ceph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    Very nice plants mobile and BigBella. What size pots are those? Three or four inches?
    My pot is 12cm (approx 4.75")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefforever View Post
    Hey Mobile! It's good to see you posting here. I usually see you around cpuk.

Nice looking ceph.
    Hi Jefforever. I'm a frequent poster on CPUK but I have to restrict the number of forums that I post to else I tend to spend all of my evenings on them lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    My friends who have difficulty growing Cephalotus at all tend to kill them with kindness and always manage to ask a million questions why mine survive and flower. My answer has always simply been, "Don't **** with them and they'll be fine . . ."
    I agree, I find Cephalotus don't like too much change. I tend to put mine in a location and, as long as they don't show a dislike to it, I do not move them. I also don't fuss over watering them - just water then allow the saucer to empty before watering again. I have a feeding routine which I do not alter.

Here is a Cephalotus which had been posted a while back. It has lived above my kitchen sink for at least a couple of years . . .

Nice looking Cephalotus and nice colouration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the rich green coloring of Mobile's pitchers. Very nice.

My Ceph grows well in a West-north-west window. Gets some color but stays mostly a lovely green.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

A windowsill grower elsantaclause's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ceph mobile, I like the dark green color.

I have a question about baby cephs. I was was wondering why this ceph is all green

bu this ceph is a lighter color.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast