What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia 'Dixie Lace' and Harvestman (Daddy-long-legs) Video

Neat. You have nice looking Sarrs, too ;)

what camcorder are you using? it looks really good.

Pedipalps!

What is the 2nd sarr it climbs on? I love that one.

its kinda creepish to watch.

What are daddy-long legs? That doesn't look like what I would call a daddy long leg here in california. The ones I have here look like actual spiders with the abdomen and psuedo-thorax or whatever its called. That daddy-long-leg looks like a fatty body with legs sticking out of it everywhich way not sticking out of the thorax dealy. Hmm that looks like a tick with longy legs...

nice video though

its kinda creepish to watch.

What are daddy-long legs? That doesn't look like what I would call a daddy long leg here in california. The ones I have here look like actual spiders with the abdomen and psuedo-thorax or whatever its called. That daddy-long-leg looks like a fatty body with legs sticking out of it everywhich way not sticking out of the thorax dealy. Hmm that looks like a tick with longy legs...

nice video though

Thanks!

Harvestman is not true spider. It is belonging to the order Opiliones (formerly Phalangida) in the class Arachnida.

More information about Harvestmen.

Hope it helps!

That's why scientific names are always better!

The video is very clear. I like it.

Thanks!

Harvestman is not true spider. It is belonging to the order Opiliones (formerly Phalangida) in the class Arachnida.

More information about Harvestmen.

Hope it helps!

Oh cool thanks for the link. I just read all that. They're very interesting!

Also just for reference. These are the daddy waddy ling lang long legs I'm used to seeing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcus_phalangioides . I wish i had harvest men around these parts they look like they would be entertaining to watch walk around and do thier daddy deeds.

Back