What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus appreciation thread

Photo...plus, you might be able to propagate with that leaf.

I love Cephs, mine almost died....Its recovering at a friends house right now......
This was my Hummer's Giant
CPupdate4-25-08005.jpg

and my baby Typical
CPupdate4-25-08006.jpg

im going to give cephs another try. i was ignorant when i had those ones.

I see there's some new Ceph posts, so I'm bumping this thread.

Updates
My 'Hummer's Giant' has colored up nicely. It lost a couple of the smaller pitchers when it was adjusting after shipping, but now it has started two new pitchers and what I think to be 2 non-carnivorous leaves in the last picture. If this is the case, then I think I am going to try to propagate this one when the leaves develop.

Very nice cephs!

HG clumpity clump ;)
humnov08.jpg

Av

Feeding your Ceph pennies? You know better than that :nono:

Awesome ceph! Though it isn't big enough to eat pennies, you will choke it! :nono:

New addition, its quite small. but cute none the less

Youngcephalotus001.jpg

fantastic plants B! damn! My camera died but I'll post up pics of my rooted cephs soon. :)

Very nice. I too have a couple of seed-grown Cephalotus and it's always interesting to see which quirks get expressed. Good luck . . .

very nice kris, looks like they need a new ruler! I can see the adult pitcher look like it has a different shape then the clones.

I got mine a few months back and it's about to open an inch tall pitcher! I'm so excited to see what it looks like!!!! All it's other pitchers are under a centimeter. BEAUTIFUL CEPHS everybody!!!!

I got mine a few months back and it's about to open an inch tall pitcher! I'm so excited to see what it looks like!!!! All it's other pitchers are under a centimeter. BEAUTIFUL CEPHS everybody!!!!

Pictures! Show us pictures!!

Here are a few seed-grown Cephalotus plants from 2004-5 and you can see the wide variability from a single batch of seeds. One set of plants yielded large pitchers to 5.8 cm (2.3") and the others, more conventional-sized Cephalotus at 3.8 cm (1.5"). Another batch from a year later (last photo) also yielded larger, more vigorous plants with pitchers in the 5.8-6 cm range . . .

Cephalotus: seed-grown from 2004
CF-SEED.jpg

CF-SEED2.jpg

Cephalotus: seed-grown from 2005
CF-HG3.jpg

Amazing Cephs as always! :)

Back