Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for some heliamphoras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occasionally they can be bid on at a certain very well known online auction site. Heliamphora are expensive though, a "tequila" division just went for around $75. Ouch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you start with a Cephalotus first to get experience before growing Heliamphora.

To my understanding, Heliamphora are the most difficult and slowest growing carnivorous plants.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    To my understanding, Heliamphora are the most difficult and slowest growing carnivorous plants.
    I wouldn't exactly say that. Yes, they probably can be difficult, but probably not the hardest. It depends on conditions. And it's probably not the slowest growing plant. They can divide like crazy.

But over all, it's probably best that you don't get one like everyone has recommended.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i suppose i actually have to get good at growing things in general XD.

I must cure my black thumb, I got part way when my Triops were killed by blue green algae, I'm not sure if that counts though.. eheh

I'll definitely be working toward it, they're beautiful plants. They almost grow in a sort of fractal way, the way they look when they really flourish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12