What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did i do some thing wrong

i had a sarracenia that is about 5in high and i put it in a bigger pot for it grow and the next day it is looking like it is starting to die. the person at the plant store tould me to just us sphagnum peat moss that is what i used so am i going to leav me plant?

It's probably just shock. It'll probably get over it. But, is the peat moss from Miracle-Gro (Or says it has fertilizer)? And is it 100% peat?

what capensis said. hopefully you dont made the mistake i did and used miracle gro.

hey

it has no fertilzer in it and it is in only peat moss is that bad

It's not bad, but it'd be better if it had perlite, but I'd leave it for now.

it has no fertilizer. And it is in 100% peat

It's not that good, but half peat and half perlite mixed up is better, it provides better drainage and air. I used alot of peat in a pot, it starts to smell bad after a little while.

ok about how long will it come out of shock

i liked for some perlite and they did not have any were can i get some at

You may also use something similar, I think pumice maybe. Or you could use sand. But you probably shouldn't take it out of the pot again, it needs to recover.

ok so should i should keep watering it like i used to and giveing it lots of sun

ok i will do that and keep you up on how it is doing thank you for the help

Back