What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late Summer Pics!

I was out and took the camera and since some of the plants were looking so good I figured I would snap a few shots and decided to share. Hope you like 'em!

S. Flies Demise x Wilkerson's Red
DSCN2042.jpg

S. Minor Okee Giant (The tallest pitcher is about 28" tall! The best it has ever looked!)
DSCN2041.jpg

S. Leuco Burgandy from Meadowview
DSCN2040.jpg

S. Red Flame from Meadowview
DSCN2039.jpg

S. Alata x Rubra Wherryi from Meadowview with a visitor
DSCN2038.jpg

S. Leuco x Rubra Gulfensis Anthocyanin Free from Meadowview
DSCN2037.jpg

S. Savannah Jewel
DSCN2035.jpg

S. Savannah Jewel
DSCN2036.jpg

S. Wilkerson's White Knight
DSCN2034.jpg

S. Mitchelliana
DSCN2033.jpg

S. Lynda Butt
DSCN2032.jpg

S. Moorei Marston Clone
DSCN2030.jpg

S. Leuco Titan
DSCN2029.jpg

S. Mitchelliana
DSCN2028.jpg

AMAZING Wes! Your plants are looking GREAT!! Lynda Butt and Wilkersons white knight are simply stunning. Alata x rubra wheryii almost looks like a coyboy hat, lol! Great photos!!!

as always, amazing! i can't believe how many GREAT looking plants you have!

*Uber drool* Those Sarrs are completely amazing!

Great shots, and thank you for posting them. Love the Minor giant - simply gorgeous!

Thanks guys! Glad you like them. They are really doing good and have been in the bogs that I built for two years now and are really responding to them.

I stand humbled....

Looking good Wes, any chance of some wider shots of the bogs as they look now ?

Your plants are looking alot cleaner than mine lol. Most of my plants are bursting at the seams after gorging themselves on flies, not a pretty sight :(

Any one know of a source for Linda Butt or WIlkerson's Red? Thanks!

Brooks Garcia (SarraceniaObsessed) is the one who started Wilkerson's Red into cultivation so you might try contacting him. Lynda Butt is a UK clone and not very common in the US.

Joel, Thanks! I don't have any side shots of them right now but will try maybe this weekend. They are very full right now that is why I am going to build 3 more this fall and let them settle over winter before I start putting plants in them. I am also going to build a water table or two for all of my seedlings as I made A LOT of crosses this year! They will go along with the seedlings that I already have and I think a water table will make things easier.

Pics

When you move, you leave a lot behind. A feeling that you know exactly what season it is and where you are in the season based on plants and sunrise time alone. Well, you do if you get up and walk every day. For years, early in August, I notice that sun suddenly rises later. Time begins to slip. We are heading toward fall. I always felt a bid sad.
-------------------------------------------
Jenilopaz

Viral Marketing

Here are a couple more pics that I took yesterday.

Bogs
DSCN2046.jpg

S. Areolata Ruby Throat #14
DSCN2045.jpg

S. Red Viper
DSCN2044.jpg

Thank you for the bog shots Wes. Looks alot fuller than the last time you showed it off :)

Back