Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cephalotus Brown HELP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your plant is still new I would give it time to acclimatise to it's new environment and maybe keep the media on the drier side beacuse you are keeping it in a tank. Without proper air movement and a wetter media you'll be inviting root rot.

I got my baby cephs in July and kept them outside in the greenhouse. They've thrived even though the greenhouse regularly hit temps of 95f during the day but the key here was that our nights this summer have been unusually cooler going down into the high sixties/low seventies so the plants experienced a nice drop in temps at night which they really appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the advice! If it comes back I post a pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Hi Alec,

You mentioned that you just got the plant. It may have died back due to shock from shipping if it was shipped. If so, it may spring back to life in 3 - 4 weeks. That's happened to me a few times.

Or it may have gotten too hot. Some Cephs seem to take heat better than others.

Laura
    I agree with Laura. If you just got the plant, then its likely that it was shocked during shipment. I have both read and experienced this: It's not unusual for a ceph to lose all its leaves after being shipped.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12