What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first Heli, H. Minor!

here they are!!! they are only a couple inches below the lights, but my lights are cool from the fan....it cant be that bad, otherwise my sibuyanensis would be pissed..ill keep an eye on it, and if necessary, go back to the terrarium. but here is the plant now! Thanks alot Huntsmanshorn!!!!
HMinor001.jpg

HMinor002.jpg

You really won't know if they are getting enough light until it forms new pitchers for you. You will be able to gauge by the new nectar spoons. Currently to me, though I'm not expert, they look a bit under developed. The plant looks good over all. Congrats.

Crystal

i just got em. so im not sure. my neps all get beautiful coloration under these lights, so we will know soon. id imagine its enough

Neps and Helis are kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Gotta remember how high up they grow, the intensity is different.

Edit: Inches away from my two lights wasn't enough, I've since added another making a total of six bulbs. I hope that's enough.

Crystal

here they are!!! they are only a couple inches below the lights, but my lights are cool from the fan....it cant be that bad, otherwise my sibuyanensis would be pissed..ill keep an eye on it, and if necessary, go back to the terrarium. but here is the plant now! Thanks alot Huntsmanshorn!!!!

Very nice. Keep them as close to the lights as possible and mist the **** out of them. Most of my H. minor are quite red in colouration with sizeable nectar spoons . . .

Well thats why i chose H. Minor as my first. Because its easier than the others xD

LOL.
Congratulations :) I'm sure it'll do great for you, as is all your neps ;)

the plant is only about 4 1/2 " tall so its not mature i dont believe. but the new pitcher coming up looks very nice so far. nice red nectar spoon

the plant is only about 4 1/2 " tall so its not mature i dont believe. but the new pitcher coming up looks very nice so far. nice red nectar spoon

Heliamphora minor usually only reaches 10-15 cm (4-6") in height, so your plant may be far more mature than you are aware . . .

yeah i was aware that it was close to maturity, and i know it is one of the smallest growing Heliamphora, but, as Crissytal said, the nectar spoons seem a bit under developed, maybe do to the previous owners lighting? not sure...hopefully it will do well under my lights and conditions

yeah i was aware that it was close to maturity, and i know it is one of the smallest growing Heliamphora, but, as Crissytal said, the nectar spoons seem a bit under developed, maybe do to the previous owners lighting? not sure...hopefully it will do well under my lights and conditions

Close to the lights, it should be just fine, judging from your Nepenthes. You mentioned that a new pitcher was on the way, so you will find out soon if the lighting is sufficient . . .

Yeah, im hoping it is enough, i have a feeling it is.

Back