What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Lowes S. purpurea - then and now

So back in April I picked up my first death cube plants. One of them being a fairly healthing looking little S purpurea. At first it didn't want to seem to grow at all, it probobly went about 2 months with no signs of new growth.

And then, all of the sudden, I couldn't stop the thing from making new traps if I tried. This is what it looks like now after a summer of gorging on flies and yellowjackets.

Very nice before and after pictures from the looks of the newer pitchers it must love your growing area compared to being in that cube..

good god, nice plant!

I wish I still had my purp! (I forgot to water it)

Real nice, wonderful growth.

I'd like to have one! Grown the same as leucos, I presume?

Very Nice!

Death Cube plants actually prove to exceed expectations in many cases - all they need is a little TLC. Seems like you have done very well with it. :)

Looks great! Nice job :)

Excellent! I see your top layer of sphagnum turns black just like mine! :)

i got the same kind of plant about 4 weeks ago and it is starting to get new growth i was wondering will it be safe to leave it outside for then winter i live in zone 6

Wow, quite a change!

Yes romie leave it outside in a pot

Back