What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New H. minor

Received it on Saturday. I asked that it be shipped potted, and I think it's because of this that it has gone into little to no shock. Of course, it could also be that I'm using the baggy method to be sure it doesn't go into humidity shock too bad. It's one of my favorite plants, so I'm hoping things go well this summer.

It's a little under 4" tall.

gallery_20_61_278351.jpg

For the record, it's growing in a terrarium, I just took it outside for the better lighting.

Nice :) Good luck with it!

Sweetness! I've always wanted to get one. But most are expensive.

You got mature pitchers and everything! lookin good andrew! :D

Yeah those are some nice pitchers.

Thanks for all the comments.
I just can't wait for it to flower!

Here it is today. Two pitchers died off, but it has colored up nicely and you can't see it in the photo, but it's sending up what looks to be a new pitcher. :)
IMG_5671.jpg

And here's my newish baby hetero x minor, putting out it's first pitcher under my care.
IMG_5664.jpg

Looking great! The H. minor is looking real nice. :)

Looking great. Nice red color.

Nice heliamphora. i always wanted to get one.

Great helis chunky, keep up the great work.

Nice job with those Helis, ChunkyHunks!

Do you mind telling us your conditions? :)

Conditions? Hummm...right now it's like 65-70 during the day, going into the 50s and hopefully upper 40s at night. I haven't stayed up late enough to check since I moved the terra into the garage.
As for lights...managed to cram two 150W cfl, two 15W tubes, and a 20W tube on the top of the terra, which is a 30G. Don't know anything about lumens, but my plants tell me I've got enough light.

Nice Heli :)
I am getting one of these soon - except mine is being imported from Australia in a TC flask - so it will probably be dead by the time I get it!
Yours looks great though :)

How long do Heli pitchers normally last?

Back