What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some current purp shots...

joossa

Aklys
This is my S. X 'Black and Red' [Mike Howlett]. It is a cross between a ssp. purpurea and a ssp. venosa chosen for dark coloration. However, it has begun to loose its "darkness" as sunlight is not longer intense. Hopefully it will flower this Spring...

0011.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

nice purp!

Very cool! I hope my purp seeds look that good!

Very nice plant!

Lovely! Good luck next year for a flower!

Great looking moss, too!

Thanks guys.

Great looking moss, too!

Yeah, the moss has been growing there for quite a while. It sprouted from the dried sphagnum top layer. Any possible ID's???

Really nice plant.

Is it normal for Purps to be really slow with inflating their pitchers as it gets colder? My purp has yet to inflate any of its smaller pitchers or even produce any. It's just stagnant, is that a sign of dormancy?

Is it normal for Purps to be really slow with inflating their pitchers as it gets colder? My purp has yet to inflate any of its smaller pitchers or even produce any. It's just stagnant, is that a sign of dormancy?

Yes, it will stop producing pitchers when dormant.

I get that moss in almost all of my outdoor pots eventually. Don't know the specific name though.

How about making a new topic: "Which Bryophite is this?"

I get that moss on all my tropicals. I don't like it but I like that purp. How black/ dark does it get at it's peak?

That moss is immaculate!

Back