What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here are a few larger shots of some of the pitcher plants from this Fall. The Cephalotus are slowing their growth a bit and now beginning to produce their "vegetative" flat leaves; and the Heliamphora are growing more rapidly with the arrival of colder weather -- yet another reason why I largely prefer them to Sarracenia. No phyllodia , no dying back to the rhizome, no assumptions from family and friends that you've killed half the garden . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"
CFHG-A.jpg

CFHG-B.jpg

CFHG-C.jpg

CFHG-D.jpg

CFHG-E.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii (a naturally-occurring hybrid)
Hhetxion.jpg
Heliamphora.jpg
Hhetxio.jpg

H. nutans (Tramen) x ionasii (a naturally-occurring hybrid)
Hnutans-x-ionasii.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor (the ever-expanding)
HHxM.jpg

H. folliculata
Hfolliculata-D.jpg

folliculata.jpg

H. ionasii, H. sp. "Angasima", and a young first pitcher of H. chimantensis
HeliTrio.jpg

H. sarracenioides (developing its first adult pitcher -- finally)
Hsarra.jpg

Man, I'm so envious of your Cephalotus.

Wow, I love all of those plants! I like how the helis all have a nice red tint.

Unbelievable. Those photos are amazing. Maybe my blood sugar is low, but I'm serious when I say that some of those pictures are just memorizing.

xvart.

Unbelievable. Those photos are amazing. Maybe my blood sugar is low, but I'm serious when I say that some of those pictures are just memorizing.

xvart.

Thanks for those kind words. I was digging through some recent photos and thought that I would post a few -- more than a few as it turned out.

I am still digging through thousands of slides (anyone here still remember Fujichrome® and Kodachrome® -- both the slide film and the Paul Simon song?) from the early 1990s, trying to find traces of my backpacking, slack-jawed punk days in Venezuela and Guyana with lots of Brocchinia and Heliamphora shots . . .

So...many...helis....

Do you ever make crosses yourself? I've never seen a nutans "Tramen" hybrid.

I go to San Francisco about twice a year - maybe we could meet up sometime?

Speechless! I love 'em all!

Very Nice plants David! So jealous of your Heliamphora!XO

And no one was impressed by the live LFS? Great looking plants!

:drool: Just noticed the new pics! I would love it if I got a heli (or ceph) that looks half as good as any of those plants!

Really like the 1st pic's nicely-detailed closeup of Ceph teeth. They are very cool plants!

No, I haven't made any crosses myself, due mainly to the haphazard timing of the blooms; and another grower had poor results keeping Heliamphora pollen refrigerated -- though I may give that a try down the line . . .

Beautiful pics BB, very nice plants and camera mate

Av

Back