Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceph Dividing Question

New Jersey, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    why not just spray?
    Butch mentions overspray but doesn't place much emphasis on it. Seems that most growers who've been around a while have used foliar fertilization to help growth. However most quickly learn that the downsides are large - at least aesthetically and often outweigh the benefits. I remember spraying a tray of VFTs a number of years ago. I ended up with a nasty green gelatinous mess. Once it started - it kept growing - no matter what I did. It was the gift that kept on giving.... The 'things' in CP soil are accustomed to a deprived environment - when they get a burst of nutrients - it's party time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Alec, no overspray with cotton swabs, but now once cephs get some size i do root feed in addtion to the pitchers, cephs get 40-60% of their nutrient ions from their roots. Much higher ratio then most Cp's (this is why trich can be of such a benefit in this species)
    Do you have any special methods to avoid the above nastiness when root feeding?
    All the best,
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron, nothing special... i usually keep the concentration rather low (usually around 50ppm) and i only root feed a couple times a year. Maybe its the cephs being so root hungry, maybe its the substrate I use... I dunno, but it has never been an issue with my cephs. As far as I know they are the most root hungry (or at least close to it) of the CP's

but that doesnt mean ppl should lay on the osmocote either...

moderation and patience is key

edit: one thing that i forgot to mention... with cephs the root uptake is directly related to pitcher intake and light levels... IIRC phosphorous is the controlling factor... Id have to dig to verify that though, been a while

but everything must be in balance for optimum growth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12