What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Heliamphora clones...

Hey Friends,

I thought this series of photos may help to shake off the Winter doldrums as well and make us all think of a nicer, warmer place! It's definitely not Florida, well at least not today. Everything outside is frozen in their pots...

Please enjoy a few of my Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor clones. :) My larger mother-plant is in a nine inch wide pot.

is.php

is.php

is.php

OK Ladies, all together now...flowers to the left, please?

is.php

Very beautiful, an amazing plant, my minor is just starting to color up, i can't wait until it looks like that. How long does it take a Heliamphora to bloom?

Great plants and pictures.

Fantastic! I also live in Central Florida and it's sooo cold. I haven't seen ice or frost...yet.

Beautiful, beautiful plants. Are they are hard to grow as I've heard?

Hello and Thanks,

As far as flowering goes, I've seen Heliamphora flower within a month or so of being divided! All divisions produced an immediate pitcher and flower spike. If grown from seed, mature pitchers are a must, of course before flowering will occur...it actually depends on your growing condiitions and whether or not the plants are "happy"

Heliamphora are not all that difficult if their needs are strictly met. Although H. hispida, H. neblinae and H. elongata require much lower temps than most species at night to be vigorous, however.

Happy Growing,

Brian.

Well then. I stand corrected. Yesterday morning, there was frost everywhere and damaged some of my plants. D:

They look great! That'sone whole realm od CP's I haven't tried.... yet.

Wow, that first pic is stunning!

I hope you get seed.

Back