What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Sarracenia flower ever!

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
My first Sarracenia flower ever in almost a decade of growing carnivorous plants. I'm so excited!

Btw, this is a Sarracenia Purpurea sp. Venosa.

SarraceniaFlower1.jpg

Most awesome!!!! I am hoping to get my first Sarr flower this year... after 3 years of growing!

I guess it must be a young plant. Sarracenia generally like to flower every year.

I've got one, its my first year; started in september, but of course, i bought the plant from Andy, and they're always great. That doesnt mean i cheated or anything. x)

Yeah CONGRATS! I have one Sarr. throwing a bud up so far.

Congrats! It's exciting, eh? :)

Sarracenia flowers are exciting by all means! i also have my first sarr putting up a bud, a s. flava cuprea

I think my flava is going to flower this year. I hope my S. x catesbaei flowers too, if it's still alive.

Getting my first flower here, too. :) I'm very excited. It's from my unknown Sarracenia rhizome.

Same here! My s. flava is throwing up a mushroom-like growth, must be a flower! thisis my first 'after-dormancy' so it's a nice experience to see! Congrats to all!

Congrats Ahmad I can't wait to see pictures of your flowers. I think my Judith hindle will be making flowers for the first time too.

Here's the flower:

flower2.jpg

VERY nice! I have 3 sarrs throwing up stalks right now, 1 purpea and I think a Flava and a white top.

Back