What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli in flower

Here's my heterodoxa x minor flowering:

heliamphoraflower01.jpg

heliamphoraflower02.jpg

heliamphoraflower03.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Congratulations! Nice colors, too!

Congrats, very nice color too.

very nice brokken :) i love the color on it lol. too bad you dont have any others flowering right now...its so hard to get seed from these plants D: such a shame

Very nice, but I'm worried that pot may be a little too small.

Very nice, how long do Helis take to flower?

Incredible plant, Brokken. Do you find that larger helis grow faster?

Very nice, how long do Helis take to flower?

That really depends on the conditions. If they don't have cool enough temps and proper temp drops at night, they may never flower.

Basically that's what happening to mine. :nono:

whered you get the lid for the terra?

Nice job!

Very nice! First time i see a flower on a heli that's not from a book! Well done Brokken! And lol, i can see the pics! Who/where do you store your pics? I could possibly post pics from work if that's the case! *shhh*....don't tell my boss though, ;) Halt: it looks like a sheet of glass on the top of the aquarium rim to me.

edit: yeah, right click, properties... critter eh, ima check em out :)

Last edited:
Once every seven years. ;)

Well, I've only had my helis for a year and my other one is not doing so well (I planted my first heli in the same 50-50 sphagnum peat / perlite mix that I used for my sarras), so I've only seen it flower once.
Hopefully now that I've got it in a nicer environment it'll do a lot better.

whered you get the lid for the terra?

I went to Orchard supply with some measurements and I had the glass cut to fit the top of the tank.

Back