Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No wonder my H. minor was stalled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be overly critical, just my own advice. If you plan on growing CP's for quite some time, which it appears you do... culling a plant over a pest should really be your last option. Mites, scale, aphids, etc are all natural, are everywhere and can happen really at any moment. As a grower, it's just a stage of learning on how to combat the problem.

I had the white ones just like you, and orthenex took care of the issue.

-Nathan
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn it!!! I don't know where i am getting all these pests from. Ok! I will wipe the plant off after dinner and then get back to you guys. Would u guys say cedar is a good pest repellent? I am considering using some mulch to line up as a layer under neath the pots and between pots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 times out of 10 when a new pest problem pops up they arrived as hitchhikers with a recent addition.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa! That's a LOT of mealybug (white) and scale. You know, they're cousins.

-Clue
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think that it is best to treat the infected plants every 5-7 days to ensure that you got all of them including the eggs that may have hatched, of course you can quit after 14-21 days if you don't see anymore!
    I don't want EVERY Sarracenia, just everyone that I see!!
    Growlist/Wantlist Updated 2/23/12:http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103039

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that the carpet in a house can hold scale eggs? Seriously.... since october....pests have been popping up everywhere on all my plants.

Anyways.... heck...my cephs are also showing a wierd leaf necrosis. THere is nothing under the leaf. It looks like in the upper tissue of the leaf. It certainly is a disease as it has spread to another ceph's pitcher that is directionally closer to the plant in question.

On topic wiht the heli again...I jsut used a Q-tip to remove the scale. YUCK!!! disgusting critters. There are soooooo many. Sheesh!! I tried wiping as many pitchers as i can. I tried using alcohol to wipe...but the pitchers got leaf burn on contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get a closeup shot of the center of the Ceph? I would like to see those light greenish specks at the base of the leaf that is pointing to the right. As for the brown.. perhaps the leaves were too wet? Cephs are notorious for fungal problems.

It isn't necessary to use chemicals when wiping the scale off. Simply removing them will kill them.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are new ceph pics tony. This is the best I can do with the iphone and a magnifying glass. thanks very much for patiently trying to help me out everyone.

here is the high res pic of the closeup you wanted: { CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW HIGH RES }

Here is my main ceph and the one I am showing above and the little ceph above the huuuge ceph are both repotted cephs from a couple of months ago. They are still in adjustment phase and healthy but not yet growing. I am not worried as I know they will perk back. My concern is the little LEAF necrosis pattern I am seeing.

it looks like some sort of pest damage. LOL! what else do I have? whitefly, scale, mites, aphids, thrips.... lol! throw em all in. LOL!

thanks,

V

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast