What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia feasting

petmantis

ermahgerd
Today was an unusually warm and sunny day in Laval, Quebec. Most of the snow was gone from my backyard, and so i decided to give the sarracenias a break from the flourscent lights. i put them outside, and watched closely for a few hours to see if they catch anything. Well, as of 4:30 today, the Minor's newest pitcher snagged 5 flies, i watched them all first land on the pitcher tube, then make their way upwards toward the lid that had lots of nectar on it. I heard them buzz angrily as they tumbled down to their dooms.

The dana's delight was just full of nectar too, i took a pic of 2 flies on a single pitcher, licking away at the nectar. one was hanging upside down on the lid while the other was on the rim. I tried to take a pic of all three flies that i saw, but once i came back with the camera, i only saw two: one had already fallen into the pitcher lol

Also heard loud continuous buzzing, and when i turned around to see what it was, the vft's most colorful new trap had snapped on its unsuspecting victim :)

Every five minutes i check on the plants, and see new victims in each trap :) its been a happy day for my sarrs.

I would post all the new pictures i snapped today, but something's wrong with the computer, seems i can't upload anything :(

Well its getting even crazier, the s. minor pitcher has more than 8 flies in it...and the baby Dana's delight pitchers are flopping over a bit :)

Back