What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus: Early Spring 2009

Here are a few recent shots of Cephalotus cv. "Hummer's Giant," photos taken while I trimmed away an excess of sphagnum moss from around some of the overrun plants. The smaller Cephalotus are recent divisions, taken in February of this year.

If you're planning to do a bit of Cephalotus re-potting, division, or leaf pulls, now is a fine time (in the Northern Hemisphere) . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"
CFHG.jpg

CFHG2.jpg

CFHG3-1.jpg

Great plants and pictures! Your cephs all look great.

Remeber my thread on dividing my ceph? Well I figured I just might as well repot the whole thing + do the divisions while I'm at it.
Any tips on repotting? (I plan on removing all of the media from the roots. Bad idea?)

Great plants and pictures! Your cephs all look great.

Remeber my thread on dividing my ceph? Well I figured I just might as well repot the whole thing + do the divisions while I'm at it.
Any tips on repotting? (I plan on removing all of the media from the roots. Bad idea?)

Unless you're driven by madness to do so, I would avoid thoroughly uprooting the plant unless you're very careful. I would simply excavate around the plant in its compost to get a division.

My advice (for what it's worth) is to re-pot the Cephalotus with its root-ball in place in a larger vessel . . .

Alright, I guess I'll stick to my former plan then. Thanks for being so helpful.

Awesome Cephs Big Bella. I recently acquired a Hummers Giant and it has quickly turned into my favorite plant.

Awesome Cephs Big Bella. I recently acquired a Hummers Giant and it has quickly turned into my favorite plant.

Thanks . . .

The weather here in Northern California isn't too far off from Albany, Australia -- and the plants love the fog and drizzle . . .

Back