What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Sarr Seeds

I have three pots of seeds which I stratified in the refrigerator in damp paper towels for about six weeks. I sowed the seeds on milled sphagnum and they are under CF lights in a terrarium. It has been four months since they were sown and I only have seedlings in one pot and not many of those seeds sprouted. I would think the seeds were okay when I received them - they came from the ICPS seed bank.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can try now? Can I try to stratify again? Rub with sandpaper?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jason

Jason-
Are your surviving seedlings growing well?? It is possible that the seeds were bad, or something happened (extreme temps?) during transport, that killed the trees. Now are the seeds that did not germinate still firm? If so, I would try stratifying them again int eh fridge. After four months dead seeds should be soft and rotten.

The seedlings that sprouted are very healthy and growing quite well. I'm not sure if the seeds are still firm. I will check tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

Back