What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My second plant, s. purpurea

I know that it's nothing much compared to the collections most of you have, but my second ever carnivorous plant came yesterday, so I just have to share a photo. :)

P1020997.jpg

Very nice purp. I really like those, but somehow I haven't been able to get one.

The purp is a great beginner plant Blade.

Super-easy to grow and maintain. Give it lots of light this summer and it'll pitcher like crazy and turn its trademark purple color namesake.

Since they stay low and compact they don't take a huge amounts of vertical space like other Sarrs. And they usually don't acquire the nasty burned spots from prey as many tall, narrow trumpet Sarrs do.

They're kinda like dogs: feed 'em a little and they'll stick around you FOREVER. :) :)

Take it outside, if it isn't already there.

Thats a S. purprea venosa corerect? So it should not turn completly purple but remain variegated. The plant will grow fine outside all year long for you as long as you keep it in a moist soil because it is a bog plant. Good luck with your Sarr they are amazing plants. Hope you get some flowers soon!

Andrew

Actually S oregon CP, I had (but now don`t have ;) ) a S. purpurea venosa that was completely purplish red. Here is a pic:
DSC05993.jpg

Very nice new plant, bladespark! I agree purps are super easy!

Good luck with it. Oh, and post pictures sometime in the future to update us on how it turns out color-wise.

Very nice. Purps are great Sarracenias. :D

Back