What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Flave rescued from Lowes

I was at Lowes getting supplies as I am in the middle of remodeling by Basement. As I was checking out they just put out some new plants and they happend to be S. Flava. They had just received the plants the day before and really looked healthy for a plant from Lowes. This was the first time I seen lowes have flava so I had to resuce a few. I will try to get some pictures. One even possibly looks like it might have a litte coppertop in it. So people might want to check there Lowes before these plants meet there eventual death. Any tips on how to post pictures as I have not done that yet.

congrats on your rescue. I hope they all do well for you. to post pictures you can load them on to a public picture sharing website (like photobucket) and paste the hyperlink(s).

Cool! I found one S flava at my Lowe's a couple of weeks ago and it actually looked pretty healthy.
Good luck with them!

Hrm, I wonder if my Lowe's will ever get any more CPs ever again...

Nice find, I'm jealous. :p If you want to post a picture, put your pictures onto hosting sites like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. Put the link of the picture and put
. Photobucket has this little window if you put your mouse over the picture in your album that gives you an

Lol i never found a flava at my lowes when i did my huge rescue last year...
Got some of the following however
S. purpurea ssp. purpurea
S. purpurea ssp. venosa
S. rubra ssp ?
S. 'Judith Hindle'
S. 'Scarlet Belle'
D. adelae
Dionaea Muscipula typical
N. ventricosa

photos

Here is my 1st attempt to put photos on this forum hopefully it works, but here is my photos of the rescued flava. Some of the lids tore getting them out of the container.
DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00464-1.jpg

That flava looks pretty good. The minibog looks pretty nice. How long have you had it?

This is going on my second year. I went through one winter in which I lost a leucophylla and my judith hindle is not doing so well. I think I might have put them away to wet but not sure or if it was just to cold.

Sweet! That flava looks really healthy and big for a Lowe's rescue! Treat it well and it will flourish!

Wow, that looks pretty nice.

Back