User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most complex cross you've seen so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the most complex cross you've seen so far?

I think this one takes the cake so far:

S. x 'Abnorma' (S. [ (flava v. rugelli x leuc) x (x Royal Ruby)] x [(x wilissi) x flava v. cuprea])

That comes out to, if you do the math -- [ (flava v. rugelli x leuc) x (flava x leuc)] x [(x (psittacina x purpurea) x (purpurea x (flava x purpurea))) x flava v. cuprea]

Aka:

Mommy: (Flava v. rugelli x leuc) crossed with (flava x leuc aka "Royal Ruby")
    Daddy: ((Psittacina x purpurea) x (Purpurea x (flava x purpurea))) (aka "Willisii") crossed with fava v. cuprea

Anyone seen anything more complex than that? I'm thinking of, once it matures, crossing it with a S. x godzuki (minor x oreophila) or something fun like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, as far as documented ones go, that's gotta be up there. i bought a couple of those as well as a couple of gin goblins and judith adrians. they are pretty small plants so it's hard to say how they'll look. i have one-year-olds that are 3 times as big. i'll have to get the ol' miracid out on those pronto.
    i'd like to see a hybrid with all species in it. i had some (alata x leuco) x [(psitt x purp) x minor)] seedlings from a cross i did, but they didn't survive the winter before last, so i'm back to square one. i'm still upset over it, because one of them was just awesome (in my eyes):

R.I.P. little buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, figure they'll be inside plants the first year I have them, but not 100% sure on that. I might try and keep them outside, especially since it's nice and summer-y out right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, you don't want to keep sarracenia indoors if you don't have to. they thrive on full, direct sunlight, the more the better. i can't think of any advantages to keeping them inside during the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia View Post
    yeah, you don't want to keep sarracenia indoors if you don't have to. they thrive on full, direct sunlight, the more the better. i can't think of any advantages to keeping them inside during the summer.
    agreed, the more sun the better

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree if we are speaking of seedlings. I think the "no dormancy, 24/7 growth" method should be utilized indoors under lights.
    Anything over 2 years should definitely be kept outside, though.

See:
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107339
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    I disagree if we are speaking of seedlings. I think the "no dormancy, 24/7 growth" method should be utilized indoors under lights.
    Anything over 2 years should definitely be kept outside, though.

I figured he was talking about mature plants. For seedlings I agree, all of mine are grown indoors for at least 2 yrs. I still give em as much light as I can with the neons. 2 yrs and skip the first dormancy period...thanks bugweed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a cross I made last year:
    (Dana's Delight x Royal Ruby) X {[(rubra x oreophila) x (purpurea x leucophylla)] x Judith Hindle}.

Anyone care to break this one down?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast