What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dividing helis

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
spectacular Heli B. WOW!!!!! Sooo amazing!!

Final division for the season..

Another H. Tequila variant, this one needed done over a month ago. It was getting pretty stressed from being pot bound.
tequila2_division.jpg

The way the main rhizome divided, it split into just four parts. But each is of a significant size and will be ready for further dividing before long.

Av

B your plants are always freaking amazing
i really need to get into more helis
all ive got is a minor lol, but im not exactly wanting to shell out a ton of money for something i still have barely any experiance with, maybe ill find some more of the easier hybrids around and easier species and just work my way up....lol no idea really where to look for em here in the US though sadly.

Wow, how long have you had that...that THING! That's a huge Tequila. Lets see, 10...thousand years?

Thanks SK :)

Pet,

Here is the same plant on March, 28 2008 (a month or two after arrival IIRC)
clintstequila.jpg

just a little TLC mate ;)

Butch

Wow, you must really have your conditions down pat. Nice job.
~Joe

Thanks Joe,

It was still in that same pot too LMAO, that poor thang.... the abuse :blush:

had to prop it up, it kept tipping over hebehehehe

Butch

Heh. I've noticed that my Heli seems pretty tolerant of sub-par pot conditions. I had mine in the same pot it came in for about three years - I was scared to repot it by all the literature about Helis. Finally the center started to die out and I moved it out of desperation, only to find that it was planted mostly in peat/perlite with a small layer of live LFS on top. It seems much happier now - the pot I moved it to is at least several dozen times the size of the little two-incher it came in. Still not quite picture-thread-worthy, though.
~Joe

Well done, sounds like you avoided the "event horizon" Dr. Hawking ;)

Butch

Noticed one of my older helis starting to look a little stressed.
It has been obvious for some time it needed repotted but I just kept putting it off...
Here is a quick point and click pic I just took LOL

There was very little substrate left, can you say root bound!!!
heterominorroot.jpg

WOW!! Hey butchyboo, can you take pics of all of your Helis for all us poor little peasants? :hail:

that is one of my goals for the summer :p

Back