Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF, BTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums!

While I love my square pots from FlyTrapShop (I use a $2 black seeding tray from Fred Meyer with them, holds 3 3.5"ers to a row and about ... 7 rows?), For now I'd instead throw that plant into a nice glazed ceramic 6"-8" pot and be done with it.

My Sarras are mostly outside in a big foam pot from a certain Ranch website, I imagine they are available elsewhere. You can see a picture of my outside setup here. The big pot is a Judith Hindle and a Leuc "Titan". I've heard fully grown Sarrs like 6" - 8" pots at the least, so... yeah.

Why inside, btw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by newtocarnivor View Post
    Okay, so I just got a Sarracenia leucophylla in the mail and the champs over at flytrapshop.com sent me the smallest pot imaginable (2.25'') for so large a plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    I sent you a 2.25" pot because that's what you ordered... I have no idea to know what you're using the pot for so thought nothing of it...

So let me get this straight. He orders the pot himself and then trashes Andy for sending him the pot he ordered and then tries to blame it on Andy that the pot is too small? Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the OP might want to offer an apology to Andy?
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Size of pot isn't all that important. They'll be happy even when rootbound.

2.25" is an indicator of size of the plant. If you've got a larger plant than the pot size suggested, I'd be pretty happy with that!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I absolutely keep my sarrs mostly rootbound and see no problem with it. But I honestly cannot fathom how the Sarr I sent would even come close to fitting in the 2.25" pot that was ordered... As a mater of fact, I would love to see a picture of that if at all possible newtocarnivor My guess is that the roots are in the pot, and the majority of the rhizome is sitting on top of the media. That Sarracenia came out of a 3.5" pot and was pretty rootbound already, I had to use 2 strips of paper towel to wrap the roots for shipping even, that should give a further indication (to pitcher guestament I gave earlier) to the size of the plant...

I don't understand how Alexis is saying 2.25" pot that was ordered is an indicator of the size of the plant I shipped...

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*whistles*

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    So let me get this straight. He orders the pot himself and then trashes Andy for sending him the pot he ordered and then tries to blame it on Andy that the pot is too small? Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the OP might want to offer an apology to Andy?
    You and just about anyone with hands and time enough to take the literature of website forums seriously. again, I just don't know Andy like you do, but I'm sure he's a swell guy, and very much a green-thumbed guru.

Thanks everbody! I can't wait to watch this thing--tentatively named Professor Leavesly--eat bugs!!! wooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm going for a larger pot today. It does fit, sort of, but I can't imagine the Professor will do well there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap, turns out I need more soil too! Okay, so I guess I'll order some more soil from you, Andy. But in the meantime, is there anything I can do to keep the plant alive and well Also, I'm sry if this seems like utter negligence to some of you, but for the record I DID NOT order too small a pot. Everything I ordered was a gift from someone else. Right now I have it on a large windowsill, in a tiny pot partially submerged in a distilled water basin.

thanks again for all your help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast