What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

were can these plants be found?

some more cephs, maybe.

OOPS! i ment to click on go advanced, not post. Well, ignore the post above.

Anyway, what i was going to say was: I know that this question is:offtopic:but i was wondering, if you could have any plant (CP) right now, what would it be?

Triphyophyllum peltatum.

and probably a myth..
I dont think there has ever been a documented 2" long VFT trap..
1.5" yes..and probably 1.75"..but not 2"

just one of many such threads, on various forums:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99220

Scot

I remember many years ago, at the Fairchild Tropical Gardens ramble, I saw the biggest VFT I had ever seen in my life. The traps were enormous and could have easily been 2 inches. You'd have to ask Manny H. though to be sure, I think it was his plant.

wow. what was that plant. i couldn't quite tell.

and probably a myth..
I dont think there has ever been a documented 2" long VFT trap..
1.5" yes..and probably 1.75"..but not 2"
CPUK has a number of competitions each year with one being the largest flytrap. Here's the 2008 contest & the current contest.
it's getting hard to tell who i should be listening to. but if you have a VFT that is at least 1.25" then could you tell me where you got it?
!.25" isn't special. I've got several traps right now @ ~1.5". In the 1.75" region gets you to bragging rights & apparently 2" brings you to VFT-worship status. :hail:

Woah, do N. Truncata & Raja REALLY get 2' pitchers!?!?!?!:0o: Sorry, I'd quote whoever said that earlier if I knew how. Let's see, what's the cheapest & fanciest greenhouse that would fit a N. Raja in it......:alien: I guess those are the specimens that get the gallon of digestive juices in them!:crap:

well I've never had a VFT that got to 1.25. it's good enough for me.

Woah, do N. Truncata & Raja REALLY get 2' pitchers!?!?!?!:0o: Sorry, I'd quote whoever said that earlier if I knew how. Let's see, what's the cheapest & fanciest greenhouse that would fit a N. Raja in it......:alien: I guess those are the specimens that get the gallon of digestive juices in them!:crap:

dont know why but this post reminded me of a thread a few years ago. any veteran members remember the topic about the kid who grew a mature rajah, in a terrarium, and fed it adult squirrels? i lol at that topic every time i see it.

any CP that i could get, and care for right now would probably be N. burbidgea. wow... what a beautiful plant...

Alex

Oh alex I think I know the topic your talking about...the one where the kid had a neighbor in cali or something that grew the rajah out in his back yard? I remember that being brought back up a year or so ago, I went and read it and had a good laugh...

Back