What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

were can these plants be found?

but thanx.

. However the only WILD documented case is with a rajah, AFIK.

If I remember correctly, doesn't the Savage Garden the talk about a couple that took a trip to Mt. Kinabalu and saw workers taking out baby monkeys out of pitchers? I'm pretty sure it's talking about N. rajah, but I can't find the page. :x

creepy, but cool.

Capensis, it's in the introduction :D.

i do believe raffelsiana has also captured a rodent in the wild. cant remember where i read that...

chomp: dont believe your friends. ahha you are the one gorwing the plants. not them. a friend of mine told me a few years ago they have venus flytraps in puerto rico with traps the size of softballs. one. they dont grow in puerto rico or anywhere near it. two. as stated the biggest traps get only around 2 inches. i sure showed him =]

Alex

2 inches? well i guess that is kinda big.

2 inches is HUGE for a vft

scotty, i can testify against that...had a b52 just at 2" last season
and a friend of mine had a lowgiant hit the 1.95" mark
and an akai ryu just at 2" as well.

I'm sure some of the large-trapped clones have reached 2 inches.

it's getting hard to tell who i should be listening to. but if you have a VFT that is at least 1.25" then could you tell me where you got it?

I know that this question is

OOPS! i ment to click on go advanced, not post. Well, ignore the post above.

Anyway, what i was going to say was: I know that this question is:offtopic:but i was wondering, if you could have any plant (CP) right now, what would it be?

More neps, all the way lol.
im a nep addict. gorgeous plants...............
Also you can always edit your old post and fix what you were trying to say :)

O. cool

OOPS! i ment to click on go advanced, not post. Well, ignore the post above.

Anyway, what i was going to say was: I know that this question is:offtopic:but i was wondering, if you could have any plant (CP) right now, what would it be?

Hm, right now? Probably one of the 2 types I don't have -- a Marsh Pitcher and/or an Australian Pitcher Plant. I do not think I have the grow setup needed to keep those alive, however.

A close second would be D. aliciae or a really big Utricularia -- I forget the name of it, U. Longiflora or something?

Too hard of a question. LOL.

yah, i guess it is hard, but-

QUICK!!!!!! YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO DECIDE WHAT CP YOU WANT!!!!! QUICKLY, CHOOSE!!!!!!

MORE NEPS, lol just thought id join in, maybe even a few more sarrs, and pings actually im not a big vft fan, i have one in my whole collection of cps

Back