What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potting medium for cephalotus ! Help

Hi,
I will have my first Cephalotus ! :-O But I have to change the pot to a bigger pot. But in my country there is no sphagnum peat moss only long sphagnum moss ( I use it to all my plants ). So can I change sphagnum peat moss to long sphagnum moss for potting medium ?

Hey Tran,

I think that you can. Just try not to disturb the roots too much.

Are you sure it needs to be re-potted?

Hi,
I have to change the pot because I need to take the plants into a taller and bigger pot to not get water logger ! So change pot is really imfortant.

TranMinh, if you are buying the Ceph from TALOS (GCS) I'll suggest you leave it alone for at least another 6 months before repotting. He already has the plants repotted from the original soggy all sphagnum mix into quick-draining media.

Besides, Cephs don't really mind being in a small pot. If the watering routine or media is wrong in the first place, even a taller and bigger pot can lead to root rot.

Ceph plant in an undersized pot: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z309/davebanks2001/8a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Cindy,
Thank you for giving me advice ! So I can't watering it every day and no disturb the roots. And again thank you !

So I can't watering it every day and no disturb the roots. And again thank you !

You can water it everyday if the media allows for it. Disturbing the roots is a big no-no.

Back