What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smallest Sarracenia ?

Hi all what is the name of the smallest Sarracenia with small i meant it should not be tal at all iff possible :p or any other nice and small pitcher plants u know off ? I dont have space for bigg ones thats why I ask for this :)

Sarracenia purpurea and sarracenia psittacina are 2 small, and rather common short sarracenia species. There are also a few hybrids bred to be short.

Jason

Check out a few from the bug hybrid series.

Some forms of S. rubra stay quite small.

Thnx alot i like the Sarracenia purpurea should fitt my needs nice

Btw anyone know some good tips for germination off the "Sarracenia purpurea" ?

I'd recommend not starting off by growing from seed. It takes quite a while to get decent sized plants.

Jason

Yeah I saw that now when i searched for some info on them..

S. psitticina seems pretty small as well.

S. flava "Marston Dwarf" stays short, too, but in the U.S. ya would have to pay an arm and a leg for one I think... Of course, it's not that much of a prob if you live in Europe, just the leg. :)

i have a 'red bug' that stays pretty small. i'm sure it grows taller, but for whatever reason, it stays stunted for me, like 4-5 inches tall max.

i have a 'red bug' that stays pretty small. i'm sure it grows taller, but for whatever reason, it stays stunted for me, like 4-5 inches tall max.

It's not supposted to get more than 8"tall.

i know, but mine is many years old. i would expect it to be maxed out in size now. it has so many growth points, the whole plant is wider than it is tall. maybe a divide-and-repot is in order.

Back