What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First temperate "bog"

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I got 2 plants July 9th (my birthday) free from an extremely nice member on the forum. so thank you as you know who you are!

The pot looks like it is about 12" (not exact, just guessing) with half peat have perlite plus some sand that was in the purp's pot. I have a tray on the bottom to keep the water level up but wont let it over flow. (the soil isn't water logged where the roots are) I placed the pot on the south side of my house. Is this all good?

The plants in the bog are 3 unknown sarrs (divisions on one another) and a S. purpurea ssp. purpurea. (not confirmed so do you agree on ssp. purpurea?)

The entire pot.
Picture001.jpg

The largest unknown sarr didn't stop growing!
Picture003.jpg

Nice! Looks good so far! I hope it all goes well!

Cool. I would say yes, it is S. purp purp. Give the bog a little time and it'll look great in no time. :) Is the pot terracotta or plastic?

Don't forget that terracotta pots will need a lot more water, especially outside.

Looks plastic. GJ!

Agreed on the ssp purpurea, and happy belated birthday!

Its plastic. Thanks.

Oh, ok. For some reason it looked a little like terracotta in the picture to me.

Looked like terracotta to me too.

Good luck with it Ant. Keep us updated!

Really nice bog ! thank for sharing !

Back